Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Vice President’s Report

January 8, 2009

Hello MCSG members!

I hope you had a busy and profitable season, and I pray we all have a happy and successful new year.

That being said, well the phones ring a lot less this January than last January. And the weather is having a big impact on our ability to get out to work. Still, we are trooping along.

Alan Kline, of Lynn Ladder would love to host a ladder and scaffolding safety seminar for us. He wants to have it at his facility in Lynn, and we will be scheduling shortly. I’ll have most if not all of my people there as he does a great job and I always learn a lot. Stay tuned into the MCSG website for more info.

Jeff Wright of Chimneysavers in Saugus has had quite an experience with OSHA. He is willing to talk to us about it and answer questions. I was shocked (really, no kidding) when I heard all he had to deal with. All I could think was there but for the grace of God go I. It could happen to me, it could happen to you. You will want to hear what he has to say, and consider it in light of your own best practices. I can think of no greater contribution this Guild can make to you than to prepare you for what to do if it happens to you. Jeff is smart, articulate, careful, and he has good people working for him. Yet OSHA has been a huge drain on his resources and his profitability this year. Don’t miss this opportunity to become aware of the consequences of a little mistake gone wild. This too we will be scheduling soon, check the MCSG website.

Jeff Ludlow of August West has a similar story to tell, perhaps we can combine them in one presentation with lunch. Again, check the website.

Some of you may want us too seek out presentations on something, or know someone who can teach us. Please contact me should you have an idea you want to discuss. You can reach me at my office at 781-593-2333.

Good luck in the new year!

Respectfully,

Billy Sweet
Billy Sweet Chimney Sweep

No comments: